List:       suse-sparc
Subject:    Re: [suse-sparc] Troublesome SS10 - Hard Drive Problems During
From:       Stuart Powell <SPOWELL () barr ! com>
Date:       2001-01-24 19:59:32

The two drives came straight out of a replacement for a dead SS10.  We
transplanted the drives from the dead one into the new one, so the drives
that shipped with the new one were surplus.  I am doing all the
troubleshooting I can on *both* of these two boxes.  I don't really have a
preference as to which chassis winds up as the worker and which one goes in
the dustbin, just as long as one of them works.

About the only difference I can find between them is the firmware revision.
 One is 2.12, the other is 2.7?.  Can't remember exactly what the ? is
right now, but if it becomes an issue, I can cetainly fire that one up and
check it.

Bye for now,
Stuart.

>>> "Mike Nicewonger" <twmaster@twmaster.com> 01/24 1:26 PM >>>
Did the pair of drives come from the SS10's? Did you try the drives in the
other SS10?

Mike N