List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    [suse-slox-e] deleted messages in webmail (was: Re: [suse-slox-e] things we'd like to see fixed in S
From:       Peter Schober <sp+lists.slox () univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2005-04-07 13:33:36

I also need to follow up my other question regarding webmail:

* Peter Schober <sp+lists.slox@univie.ac.at> [2005-03-16 10:56]:
> - could an option be added to the webmail component to disable the
>   display of deleted (but not expunged) messages (happens when
>   deleting mail from a MUA)?
>   since there is no "undelete" available it's no helpful information
>   so it might as well be just deactivated (non-configurable).
>   (minor point, the next delete from webmail expunges the folder)

actually there are a few possible improvements (to server.conf) to
make webmail a better behaved IMAP client wrt deleted emails like
implementing different models for deleting messages: e.g. from mozilla
thunderbird:

"When I delete a message
     - Move it to the Trash folder
     - Mark it as deleted
     - Remove it immediately"

so there should be per-user options to
- show deleted (flagged) mails
- "undelete" deleted mails
- this would probably require a new "expunge" button

but the absolute minimum would be to have a server-wide config option
to not display deleted messages -- maybe in OX?

cheers,
-p.schober

--
peter.schober@univie.ac.at - vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe