List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-slox-e] stop and start slox for backup
From:       Christian Sander =?iso-8859-1?q?R=F8snes?= <christian () cellus ! no>
Date:       2004-05-27 12:06:18

Here's a script which works for me:

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/
BACKUPFILE="/backup/slox-backup-$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).tgz"
REMOTEHOST=<ip.addr>
REMOTEUSER=sloxback

# Description
# 1) stop services
# 2) do tar+compress of slox directories to backup,
#    and pipe result (via ssh) to remotehost as remoteuser
# 3) start services

echo "Backup SLOX 4.1"

echo "1) Stopping services:"
rcldap stop
rcfetchd stop
rcpostfix stop
rccyrus stop
rcgroupware stop
rcwebmail stop
rcpostgresql stop

echo "2) tar ..."
tar zcvf -                              \
 /etc/                                  \
 /var/lib/imap/                         \
 /var/spool/imap/                       \
 /var/spool/postfix/                    \
 /var/lib/ldap/                         \
 /var/lib/pgsql/                        \
 /var/lib/sieve/                        \
 /var/opt/comfire/filespool/            \
 /var/named/   | ssh -l $REMOTEUSER $REMOTEHOST "cat > $BACKUPFILE"

echo "3. Starting services:"
rcpostgresql start
rcwebmail start
rcgroupware start