List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    [suse-slox-e] groups and shared folders and their uses
From:       Mike Partyka <mikepartyka () stonepath ! com>
Date:       2004-05-25 19:11:14

Hello,

How other other admins of SLOX systems using the groups and shared
folders? The reason i ask is, until today i have created a group and
then created a shared folder and associated the group with the folder to
make a distribution list of sorts. But i'm not sure there are any
advantages to making a distribution list that way over just making a
shared folder and then directly associating the users with the folder?
If there are i'd love to hear why? And a question i get often is how can
they see the shared folder that have email addresses to know to email
them? They shared folders with email addresses do not seem to be listed
under users contacts.

If not using the groups to associate with the shared folders what real
purpose does the groups serve then? Since this is the only way we have
been usign them at our company, i wonder what other people user their
groups to do?

And why would you setup an account to to store email in a shared folder?
Does that folder then store the email in it like an IMAP account? And
can you control whether some users delete or move email in that shared
folder? How does it work having several people accessing the email in a
shard folder?

If anyone can tell me a little more about how they use these features
and what their impressions of them, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,