List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-slox-e] Re: document download link loses filename (in treeview
From:       John Dell <jdell () casat ! org>
Date:       2004-03-31 20:33:36

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Duffner wrote:

>> Ok, how about this idea.... As I see it, zip, exe and other such file
>> types will always be a problem for the 'document icon link' where you
>> have show=1.  So, I would suggest that you have some settings in
>> /opt/comfire/application/etc/documents that specifies that the show=1
>> argument not be added for the 'document icon link' for a given list
>> of document mime types.  This would allow the browser to handle
>> 'easy' file types such as images (jpg, gif, etc) with show=1 without
>> problem.  Other file mime types would be prompted to save and this
>> would eliminate the 'loss of the file name' when clicking this link.
>

> Not on IE, I'm afraid. Or at least, not in all cases with all versions
> of IE...

I'm sure you can't solve it for all versions, but that shouldn't be an
issue if you are keeping your users up to date.  In my case, all users
are IE6 or Mozilla 1.5+.  I think it is fair to assume that most SLOX
admins know what browsers their users have, don't you think?  Having the
settings to specify what mime types get the 'show=1' arg allows an admin
to tune his setup for his user base and the for the types of documents
stored on their server.

John