List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-slox-e] send mail to group of people
From:       Mrvka Andreas <mrv () tuev ! at>
Date:       2004-03-29 7:49:36

hi,

Am Fre, den 26.03.2004 schrieb Mike Partyka um 18:06:
> The way we have accomplished this is to create a shared folder.

i do the same.
you mean with user cyrus you create a shared folder, right?

(with a normal user there is also a way to create a shared folder.
 then it's called islox folder :o)

> When you create the shared folder you can enable an option to create a
> shared email address of the same name as the folder. Then i associate
> the shared folder with a group that i have created.

yep. i also associate the shared folder to a group.

> This works just fine except that i'd like a way to control access to
> who can email what shared folder but haven't found an answer just yet.
> Also somewhat of a limitation in my opinion is that you cannot create
> hierarchical groups, that is groups nested inside of groups.

sorrily i don't have any hint for you because at my company anyone
can mail to the shared folders. i don't have this problem.

but how do you select this shared folder in you mail client?
i get synced it via oSlox into outlook and if i write a mail
then i get my posted error message :o(

cheers,
Andrew