List:       suse-slox-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-slox-e] Another Server Migration Question
From:       Josh Graves <jgraves () duluthtrading ! com>
Date:       2004-02-28 22:55:44

On Feb 28, 2004 10:37 PM, Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de> wrote:

> Hm. Did you install the nvidia-drivers rpm from the SLOX CD ? (Use you
> and search for nvidia).

X was working fine on this server prior to migrating the data from the old server to \
this server.  I would guess that means the nVidia drivers are installed, since they \
should have been included in the installation and it was working prior to overwriting \
/etc/X11/ with data from the old server.

BTW - The old server also used an nVidia card, but it was a TNT2 rather than a Vanta.

After manually correcting the device bus location in XF86Config, X is working fine.  \
Now, I just am unable to use the YaST module to change the display configuration.  I \
have to manually edit XF86Config.

Josh Graves, RHCT
Systems Administrator
Duluth Trading Company