List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-security] Problem with SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates repo
From:       Werner Flamme <werner.flamme () ufz ! de>
Date:       2013-06-17 12:26:50

Marcus Meissner [17.06.2013 13:19]:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:08:51AM +0100, Bob Vickers wrote:
>> I get this quite often too. I am guessing it happens because mirrors don't
>> get updated atomically, so sometimes a given mirror will have an
>> inconsistent set of files. If you wait a day or so it usually gets better.
>>
>> It would be nice if there were a way of directing zypper to try different
>> mirrors, because I often find that zypper works on machine A but not on
>> machine B. Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> There is some mirroring in the background via Akamai... However if the
> problem persists, either one Akamai mirror is out of sync, or the repo
> itself is out of sync.
>
> It currently looks good for me on my server.
>
> Can you check zypper.log which file had the incorrect checksum?

Marcus,

sorry, I can't :-(. "grep '2013-06-17 12' /var/log/zypper.log " gives
1940 lines, and they are very confusing, I cannot filter them for more
details.

The only place where I see errors in these lines they are talking about
the "repomd.xml" file, which was also printed in the error log I quoted
in <51BEE2F2.5040807@ufz.de>.

The error persists for 5 days now - it often happens that I have a
"wrong checksum" error, but it's usually gone after a few hours. This
time it seems different, so I asked...

Regards,
Werner