List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-security] How does one convert from /etc/cryptotab
From:       Michel Messerschmidt <lists () michel-messerschmidt ! de>
Date:       2007-11-30 9:20:14

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 01:59:00AM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> This reminds me that when I had another encryption related problem with
> filesystems created for suse 9.2, when using 10.1, Ludwig proposed I try a
> patch he had, and the script he wrote and that will come useful again.

These (or similar) patches have been integrated into cryptsetup.

According to the man page:
       To  read  images  created  with SuSE Linux 9.2's loop_fish2 use
       --cipher twofish-cbc-null -s 256 -h sha512, for images  created
       with even older SuSE Linux use --cipher twofish-cbc-null -s 192
       -h ripemd160:20

I have no old partition left to try though.