List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-security] Disgression about mail list header in: Treason uncloaked
From:       "Rajko M." <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2007-11-21 3:25:02

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 06:51:08 pm Ash wrote:
> Could we please keep the emails sent to and from the list sent to and from
> the list with out the TO'Charles or Fred, or whomever' and CC's as well.  I
> am getting an exception amount of "LIST" mail that is sent to a specific
> person and to the LIST.  I would assume that these people are already on
> the LIST so a TO or CC to individuals is irrelevant.  Why?  Email filters,
> I have filter to... yep you guessed it, filter my incoming email and the
> plethora of TO JOE and CC list does not work so well.

List server is set as it is.
 To: original poster
 CC: opensuse-<mail list>@opensuse.org

There is nothing that we can do about it. Once upon a time there was
discussion that ended with this header, and no one wants to repeat
experience.

Besides:
- toposting,
- hijacking thread,
- wrong mail list for the subject
is on the list of no-no according to the:
  http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette

> Thanks,
>
> Frustrated LIST user who get a lot of CC and TO's that are not TO the LIST.

Fix filters.
If your client can't do it, change client. There is plethora of them.
Outlook is designed for different use case and stretching it is just waste of
time.

--
Regards,
Rajko.