List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-security] digest verification failed
From:       Anders Johansson <ajh () rydsbo ! net>
Date:       2007-11-13 17:44:15

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 18:30:49 Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 06:05:38PM +0100, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > >
> > > zypper gave them to me. The repo is download.opensuse.org/update/10.3,
> > > but I'm not sure what the real server was that gave me these bogus
> > > files
> >
> > Actually, the patch-wvdial 404 error page tells me
>
> What do you mean with 404 error page? How did you get to that?
> Browser? Zypper? YaST?

I mean that the file downloaded contained an HTML 404 error page.

> It rather looks like a problem at your end, or at your ISP to me.

There is no problem at my end, and my ISP is T-online. I don't think this has
anything to do with them either. I don't see how it possibly could.

However, I have seen similar problems on other servers when they become
overloaded. They suddenly start returning garbage or corrupted files

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll