List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-security] Proplem with scp under SuSE10.1
From:       su.secu () gmx ! de
Date:       2007-07-16 6:59:41

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:31:04 +0200
Von: Philippe Vogel <filiaap@freenet.de>
An: opensuse-security@opensuse.org

> Joerg Bosse schrieb:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > maybe the receiver's NIC firmware is out of date? We have some servers
> in use which have NICs installed that were known to be shipped with need
> of a firmware uodate. Every then and now such a NIC would 'forget' it's
> mac on reboot.
> >
> > Cheers
> > jobo
> >

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:44:21 +0200
> > Von: su.secu@gmx.de
> > An: opensuse-security@opensuse.org
> > Betreff: [opensuse-security] Proplem with scp under SuSE10.1
> >
> > > After a few Bytes I got the message on the receiver: 'Disconnecting:
> > > Corrupted MAC on input' and on the sender 'received disconnect from
> > > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 2: Corrupted MAC on input'. The receiver host is a
> SuSE
> > > Sender nic: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit Ethernet PCI
> > > Express
> > > Receiver nic:  Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5714 Gigabit Ethernet
> > > (rev a3)
> Hello!
>
> We had setup an accounting tool for student housing with switch level
> security (locked when switched nic).
> On broadcom and nforce boards mentioned nics we had a lot of broblems
> because we had to unlock this security features for their nic on
> switch level.
> If you want GBit lan please inform yourself which nic is the best
> solution for it and which one works good with your distribution of choice!
> If you think it's to expensive have a look at the online trading or
> second hand maybe there you find somewhat cheaper.

I don't think that the firmware is the problem. I have had the problem with one \
servers that run under SuSE 10.0 and on another that run under debian. I dont really \
solve the problem but I change the receiver thar runs no under SuSE 10.0. The \
problems started after the last kernel update in June before this all works fine \
since 1 year.

I think it is a problem with openssh and the kernel. Have anyone the same problem?

Klaus