List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [suse-security] Secure postfix against spammers
From:       "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.sec () ferrets4me ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-02-28 13:34:07

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Sneferu made the net somewhat safer by saying:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a suse I use as email server and I have noticed that it is used for
> sending spam. I am new to this so can you please point me to a
> tutorial/manual on how to secure it against this kind of problems?

Postfix is /not/ open relay by default, so you must have been doing
something wrong to make it abusable.
Maybe you added a domain in access.db with an OK, or you left out
'reject_unauth_destination' from 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions', I
can't tell without more info.
Post the output from 'postconf -n', it's likely that gives more
clues.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven    Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 27N , 4 29 45E.     +      ICQ: 277217131