List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [suse-security] Mantel kernels
From:       Robert Davies <rob_davies () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-03-26 9:49:52

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 20:31, Stephen Prendergast wrote:

> I have seen some information recently about the mantel kernels for SuSe.
> The information about this series isn't very comprehensive . Anyone care to
> enlighten me ?

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/next/README

At the moment from the RPM section README it would appear that the ACPI
support is the area worked on.  Only run them if you have a very good reason,
when I did need to use them, I'd avoid download of very new versions, but
wait for them to stabilise a few days, that's particularly true after
standard kernel releases.

Anyway if you care about security, you should stay with mainstream supported
kernels, which are better tested, and take the advice given in advisories.

Rob