List:       suse-security
Subject:    [suse-security] SSH Authentication
From:       Joao Reis <joao.reis () 2000comp ! pt>
Date:       1999-01-04 4:36:34

Hi!

I implemented a ssh conection from the outside to my intranet. This ssh requires a \
username and a password.

In terms of security what is more secure: require authentication (username and \
password) or having the public key of each user that connects to our intranet in the  \
authorized public key lists (in this case there is no need for username and \
password)?  In the second case there is no need of authentication and only the users \
wich have the public keys in the list are allowed to enter in my intranet.

This second solution is a good solution or that brings other security problems ?

Thanks.

--
Farewell.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
      "Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

 Joćo Reis