List:       suse-security
Subject:    What are these services?
From:       Marko Kaening <kaening () inp-greifswald ! de>
Date:       2001-04-30 6:54:53

Hi,

running nmap lately on my host revealed some open ports which I couldn't
really identify:

 1)  port 1987 with service named something like "trsrb-p1" (don't
     remember the name exactly, since the open port vanished after a while)

 2)  port 1024 with service "unknown"

What are those ports used for? Especially the first one with that strange
name I have never seen so far... I coudln't find any hints in
/etc/inetd.conf nor in /etc/services.

Regards,
Marko