List:       suse-security
Subject:    Switching to  Linux
From:       Patriiiiiiiiiick <Patrick.Smart () advalvas ! be>
Date:       2000-10-29 15:22:23

Hello!!

I want to switch progressively to Linux (As a programmer, I become more and
more ashamed of not having experience using it.) and I'm connected to the 'net.

I will try to download the update from SuSE 6.3 to 7.0 an install it.

Since I am permanently connected to the 'net, I wonder what precautions I
should take before/after the installation. My connection is through a cable
modem if it is a useful info. Should I be as paranoid as with a Win98
system or is the default config in SuSE more/less secure?

Thank you for your help!

Patrick