List:       suse-security
Subject:    msq bei SuSE6.3
From:       "Security Webmaster OKDesign oHG" <security () okdesign ! de>
Date:       1999-12-17 11:44:15

Hi folks,
I recently installed the new SuSE 6.3 and since then I try to enable
masquerading. Unfortunately without effort.
In the earlier versions it was enabled and configured with the 4  (or 5)
lines in rc.config beginning with MSQ...
In this version it seems at it must be enabled and configured within
/etc/rc.firewall.
I tried many times but I can't get it to work.
Maybe masquerading is enabled but the firewall (which must be running, as
far as I read out of the readme-file) prevents it from working, or it is
still disabled.
Can anyone please give me a working configuration ?
Or tell me what could be the reason ? If you  need more info, e.g. my actual
config, I`ll mail it.

Thanks in advance.

--- Stephan