List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] What is the "most standard" c++ md5 header?
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2006-02-20 0:06:12

I want to determine if files have been modified by the user so that my program
will leave them unmodified when doing updates.  Like YaST does.

I plan on using MD5 to generate a hash to check when visiting files.  I have
sourcecode that claims to be genuine RSA MD5, so getting something that works
isn't a problem. I would, however, prefer to build against a "standard"
library rather than something I add to my own source tree just to get things
working.  Is there a good candidate for providing MD5 hashing that will be
available on most systems?

Steven