List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-programming-e] Debugging c++ template classes
From:       Jerry Feldman <gaf () blu ! org>
Date:       2005-12-02 13:59:38

On Thursday 01 December 2005 6:33 pm, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> How is the array allocated?  I can't really comment on that situation
> without more information.
I've tracked the problem deeper. It has nothing to do with that particular
class. The system loads a large number of dynamic libraries.

> > At the moment, I don't really care about the g++ segfault. We only
> > built with g++ because we were having other problems with the Intel
> > compiler (that was not a problem with the compiler, but with 3rd party
> > libraries). The problem I'm focusing on is much earlier.
> > What we are doing is a 64-bit proof of concept type of situation. In
> > this case, the Intel compiler should generate code that runs about 40%
> > faster than the g++ code.
>
> The g++ segfaults probably indicate a flaw in the program.  By
> determining the cause, you may be able to solve your other problem.
I'm sure there are many flaws in this program (and any large program). I'm
actually not the person working with the G++ version. I currently know of a
couple of 64-bit to 32-bit issues in the code that could possibly be
related to that. It comes down to a matter of resources.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group