List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-programming-e] C++ Formalism
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-11-20 7:43:17

On Saturday 19 November 2005 06:03 pm, Steve Graegert wrote:
> On 11/19/05, Steven T. Hatton <hattons@globalsymmetry.com> wrote:

> > Actually, I was just passing the information along.  I'm too busy with
> > Mathematica right now to focus on these papers.  I did have an extensive
> > discussion about matters related to this topic on comp.lang.c++.moderated
> > several months ago.
>
> Ok, did not know what to do with your post.  Thought you would like
> this topic to be discussed here, which I think would be inappropriate
> on this list.
>
> 	\Steve

I don't believe it would be inappropriate.  It would, however, be unlikely.
Skimming the papers, and knowing what they imply is probably of value for
anybody serious about C++ programming.  Though the formalism is new, the
concepts work is not.  There are some support libraries for this on the Boost
site.

Interestingly, I learned about the papers from a post on the /moderated/
Mathematica newsgroup/mailing list where the subject is arguably far less
topical than it is here.  Since this list tends to be fairly sleepy, I will
contend that topicality is defined by the participant (within reason).

Steven