List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-programming-e] Qt / SlickEdit Rant
From:       Brad Bourn <brad () summitrd ! com>
Date:       2005-07-14 19:18:02

On Thursday 14 July 2005 09:26 am, Brad Bourn wrote:
> So maybe, in the future, this will work again.

Here's Trolltech's answer:
1) This was a conscious decision. Qt Designer has changed significantly
in the Qt 4 release. We have moved away from viewing Qt Designer as an
IDE and concentrated on creating a robust form builder which can be
extended and embedded in existing IDEs. Our efforts are ongoing and
include the Qt Visual Studio Integration, as well as integrating
Designer with KDevelop and possibly other IDEs.

Do most other Qt programmers on this list use VS?
I myself use SlickEdit (v9).
I suggested that they include a "test harness" for IDE functionality in
Designer for those of use that don't use VS.

B-)