List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] svn ps ignore "semantic.cache" . rejected by server?
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-06-08 2:03:56

I'm using an svn configuration very close to the one described
in /usr/share/doc/packages/subversion/README.SuSE.  I saw in the online
documentation that I could set an ignore property on a directory, and it
vaguely suggested that this should apply recursively to the subdirectories.
So I did `svn ps ignore "semantic.cache" .' on the root of my current
project.  When I tried to commit it with `svn ci -m "set ignore
semantic.cacne on ."', I received the message:

"Sending        .
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Your file or directory '' is probably out-of-date
svn:
The version resource does not correspond to the resource within the
transaction.  Either the requested version resource is out of date (needs to
be updated), or the requested version resource is newer than the transaction
root (restart the commit)."

What I want to do is apply this property to the entire project tree.  I see
there is a way to create a per-user ignore list in the ~/.subversion
directory, but that really isn't what I want.  What am I doing wrong in
setting this property?

--
Regards,
Steven