List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] Using the XCursor lib
From:       Filippos Papadopoulos <filip () cs ! uoi ! gr>
Date:       2005-05-04 12:11:30

Hi, i am trying to write a small programm that changes the mouse cursor under
X11 using the XCursor lib. My purpose it to use colour cursors (ideally read
from an image file). I am playing with XCursor lib but i have no good results.
I wrote the following piece of code and it does not change anything:

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/Xcursor/Xcursor.h>
#include <cstdlib>

int main()
{
         Display *d = XOpenDisplay (NULL);
         if(d == NULL)
                 printf("display is null\n"), exit(1);

         if(XcursorSupportsARGB(d)==true)
                 printf("true\n");
         else
                 printf("false\n");

         printf("%d\n", XcursorSetTheme(d, "whiteglass"));
         printf("%s\n",XcursorGetTheme(d));

  return 0;
}

Thoughts ?