List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-programming-e] Fortran 95
From:       Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck () gpi ! uni-karlsruhe ! de>
Date:       2002-09-03 7:13:28

Maura Edelweiss Monville schrieb:
> [...]
> The ideal situation would be to have a Fortran 95 compiler that runs on
> SuSE 8.0 .
> The suggested web site does not tell me if such a compiler does
> exists for my platform and who sells it (as a Physics graduate student
> the cheaper the better ... of course).

Intel has a Fortran Compiler (and, by the way, also a C++ compiler)
for Linux systems which supports Fortran95 and also OpenMP. It is
free for private use and may be downloaded at Intel's web site
http://www.intel.com/software/products/global/eval.htm. You have to
select the "non-commercial unsupported version". After registration,
I license will be mailed to you and you are also able to use the
Intel Premier Support (I have already used it, they react really
fast). Performance of the C++ compiler is great, even on AMD CPUs ;-)
Unfortunately, I have no expercience with the Fortran compiler but I
suggest, the performance will also be OK.

With best regards,
Thomson

--
Thomas Hertweck, Geophysicist
Geophysical Institute, Karlsruhe University (TH)