List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] Fortran compiler
From:       Maura Edelweiss Monville <memonvil () artsci ! wustl ! edu>
Date:       2002-09-02 19:53:00

I have to install a simulation code on my SuSE 8.0 computer. Such a
program was written in Fortran 95.Questions:
--------
1) Is a good Fortran compiler available in the SuSE environment ?
I remember some time ago the only available Fortran compiler on Red Hat
was actually a pre-processor that translated
Fortran inot C code and then the gcc compiler was called to produce
executable code ... awful !

2) Are the SuSE debuggers (especially GVD) available for Fortran code as
well ?

Thank you in advance.

Mauede