List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-ppc] No java?
From:       "Jean Malherbe" <jean.malherbe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-30 22:07:38

On my OpenSUSE 10.3 DVD there is an rpm that looks like it is what you are
looking for:

	suse/ppc/java-1_4_2-cacao-0.97-86.pp.rpm

For 10.2 I downloaded the following rpm:

	java-1_4_2-gcj-compat-1.4.2.0-66.rpm

I don't recall exactly where I got it from, IBM I think. The following is
what I get when I check the version. I believe that this is the latest
version for ppc, or was the latest I could find.

$ java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build cxppc321420ifx-20040722a
(142GA+75755) (JIT enabled: jitc))

On Fri, 30 May 2008 23:45:26 +0200, Larry Stotler <larrystotler@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I know that there's no flashplayer or win32 codecs for PPC/Linux, but
> what's the status of Java?  I don't see the Java 1.6.0 or plugin
> available in the package list on my Powerbook.  I've seen links for an
> IBM pseries/iseries version.  Is that the only one?

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ on
openSUSE Linux