List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-ppc] Anybody made any progress towards installing OpenSuSE-PPC
From:       Patrick Kirsch <pkirsch () suse ! de>
Date:       2007-07-03 13:12:01

Ted Garrett wrote:
> So far I've been unable to find anything on the distribution DVD that
> kboot will function with from the prompt.
>
> Here are the things I've tried:
>
> sr0:/suseboot/inst64
> sr0:/suseboot/yaboot.ibm
> sr0:/suseboot/yaboot
>
> I am considering remastering the dvd with an /etc/kboot.conf file in
> order to properly execute whatever will work as an installation kernel
> with initrd configuration and all.
>
> Anybody got any ideas?
You can use 10.3 Alpha4 for installing OpenSUSE 10.3 on PS3.
What i have also encountered is, that the librarys from IBM's CELL SDK
2.1 will not work without aggressive installing methods.

Regards,
--
Patrick Kirsch - Quality Assurance Department
SUSE Linux Products GmbH GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)