List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: [suse-ppc] suse-ppc: Equipment Info...
From:       BandiPat <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2005-10-04 14:44:11

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 10:38 am, Bob Mariotti wrote:
> >It was continuous, but available only to SLES consumers.
> >

> >******
> >Right, I understood that PPC development never stopped, since SuSE
> > is one of the bigger suppliers to IBM's servers, which are mostly
> > PPC.  It was just not so readily available to the public as
> > OpenSuSE is now, so I'm glad it's back for the public.  I do hope
> > it creates a lot of new PPC SuSe users too!
> >--------------
>
> Please excuse my for jumping in like this but I have been following
> your thread this morning and I am about to load Open SuSE 10.x onto
> and IBM RS6K B50 ppc and I have a hardware question that one of your
> (perhaps someone) can answer and help me considerably?
>
> I currently have both the IBM GTX110 and GTX120 video cards available
> for this machine (made by Matrox in PCI form).   Can anyone recommend
> what video card (any manufacturer/any model) that would work with the
> least amount of issues relative to installation that would allow me
> to run KDE as a console?
>
> Thanks all...
=======

Bob,
I'm certainly no expert or even a novice with that machine, but do
remember the thread on the G3 just lately.  I think he ended up using
his Matrox card to get things going and had the best luck with that.
Considering that, I would think either of the cards you mentioned to be
a good choice for your install.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Rusty