List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    [suse-ppc] mk2fs1.19, 13 jul..
From:       Haas Peter <haas11 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-04-07 9:20:53

hello,

it is a certain time ago, since I tried to install Linux on my imac. It
succeeded before, but as I tried
to install it again, it stuck in the installation-process. I´ve read the
different explanations in the sdb.
Since now I thought it was, because I changed the blocks and cylinders of
the swap-Partition by navigating
with the cursor-arrows in the expert-mode. Installation without swap and ram
set to 120mb failed, I got
the message   "mk2fs1.19, 13 jul...".
The Installation stuck in different states of the process, depending on the
selected software. I can`t
remember, if it allways had something to do with Modem-Stuff, for which a
workaround is suggested, but
there weren`t Problems with it before anyhow.
Meanwhile I think it might rather have to do with a dirty
cd-rom-drive-lense, because it doesn`t work as
good as new anymore.
My questions:
Is it an excluding fact for the swap-idea, when Installation fails with
higher ram, without swap-partition?
Has anyone experience in cleaning the cd-rom lense?
Is it usefull to take it apart?