List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    [suse-ppc] Making a hard link
From:       "Wilma Mulder" <wilma_mulder () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-05 19:27:51

I am a first year Linux student and in my first month using Linux.  Today in
class I tried to create a hard link from my home directory to a file about 4
directories away from my home directory using the command: ln
/home/myhomedirectoryname/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/file newfilename.  When I went
to the GUI, I noticed that it created a file with the newfilename with a #
in front and a # in the back of it looked like #newfilename#.  Why did it do
this?  Thank you for your help!!