List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: [suse-ppc] suse linux on new powerbook G4 667Mhz /512MB radeon   (7.3)
From:       "Olivier M." <qmail () orion ! 8304 ! ch>
Date:       2001-11-30 23:48:12

Hi,

thanks for your feedback Ben :)

I've just installed a new suse 7.3 system on my Ti/550, and the installation
worked fine! (even graphical! just with some strange colors) :)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:28:24PM +0100, suse-ben@e9000.de wrote:
> the only feature i'm missing is a comfortable bootloader with the possibility to \
> choose MACOS X (from hfs+ / ufs ) MACOS 9 (hfs+) and SuSELinux (hfs / ext2fs) is \
> there anybody with positiv results on the new powerbook?

I second that... Well, for the moment I even cannot boot the new system at all \
without the suse cd's, but I'll check the other posts from suse.de on the list (just \
got the 7.3 3h ago...).

> but i can live with pressing command+alt+o+f an typing boot hdÖ11,benkern

mmm, could you maybe put this file and the .config somewhere online ? :)
I would be *very* interested to give it a try...

For the boot process, if yaboot doesn't work, I would think about
using a boot CD-rom just for that purpose. It's easier to press C
during the boot than going via the Open firmware...

Ben: have you been able to suspend the system under linux ?
(not tried yet here).

Regards,
Olivier