List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Question about drivers for video cards
From:       "Wirth, Hanno" <Hanno.Wirth () t-systems ! de>
Date:       2001-11-26 12:46:48

Hi all,

since the old video card in my Mac went south over the weekend, I am
in need of a new one. I'm looking for a PCI video card (yes, I am still
using one of those ooold Macs ;-) now. I would like to buy one that has
acceleration under SuSE 7.3 as well as MacOS. From what I have gathered
from the list archives so far, there are beta drivers for GeForce 2 MX
and for ATI Radeon chip sets (DVI output). Do these drivers work for =
PCI
versions of the respective cards, too? And in case of the Radeon: are
there drivers for the VGA port on the Radeon? Are there any drivers for
the  Matrox MPDD (don't know what graphics chip is built in there)? Any
help would be appreciated, as I need to get my Mac up again soon.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hanno

P.S.: Another reason for buying a PCI graphics card: I can recycle it
as a second video card when I get to buy a new Mac at last... ;-)

--
Hanno Wirth
T-Systems - Deutsche Telekom Systeml=F6sungen GmbH