List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: Running JServe under Suse PPC
From:       Bill Sofko <bsofko () contrariwise ! com>
Date:       2000-09-12 2:21:32

Bernd Duesmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is it possible to run JServe under SusePPC?

I assume you mean the Apache JServ servlet engine. If so, absolutely.
You'll need to have a JVM running (see <http://www.blackdown.com/>), the
Java Servlet Development Kit v2.0 (available somewhere on
<http://java.sun.com/>), the Apache Server (from
<http://www.apache.org>), and the Apache JServ software (from
<http://java.apache.org/>. Getting it all installed is sometimes a
little bit difficult, but if you follow the instructions very carefully,
it does in fact work, and well, I might add. I've run it under both
LinuxPPC (for years actually) and now SuSE 6.4 PPC. I haven't found it
any more difficult on the PPC than either x86 or Sparc other than the
lack of a JIT JVM on the PPC makes it slower than the other platforms.

Best of luck.

- Bill

--
Bill Sofko