List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: problems with network adapter
From:       Olaf Hering <olh () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-08-31 10:10:58

On Thu, Aug 31, Alexander Groß wrote:

> Hardware: PowerMac 5500/275 64 MB RAM, Network Adapter
> Sonic in CommSlot.
> Linux: SuSE Linux PPC 6.4.
>
> After loading the network-card dirver while bootup (tulip.o
> for cards with DEC 21041 chipset) the network in running, but
> after a while the connection breaks. I think it's a problem
> with the module. This is a shirt piece of $ dmesg:
>
> [...]
> tulip.c:v0.91g-ppc 7/16/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
> eth0: Digital DC21041 Tulip rev 33 at 0x400, EEPROM not present,
>         00:4C:69:6E:75:79, IRQ 22.

Send me the output of
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/update/BETA/suse_hw_info.sh

and your /var/log/messages file.
I will forward it to Donald. You could try the 2.2.16-4-pmac kernel
first, but I guess it will not help. Check the support database at
sdb.suse.de about the changes with the new kernel. keyword "powerpc"

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS