List:       suse-ppc
Subject:    Re: Installation von Suse Linux 6.4 auf PowerSeries 850
From:       Olaf Hering <olh () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-08-21 21:04:09

On Sun, Aug 06, Joerg Knippschild wrote:

> So I did not succeed in creating the PRep Boot Partion. Right now, on the
> machine AIX 4.3.3 is installed and working. So what is it for a computer:
> PowerPC 850 Model 6070 C2l, 128 MB RAM, integrated network card, E15
> graphics adapter, S15 graphics Adapter in addition, Misumi IDE CDROM 4x,
> IDE00=1080MBDPEA31080, IDE01=3249MBIBMDAQA-332.

I just wanna let you know that we have a 43p 133 up and running. A
kernel for that machine (and proably any other PReP based machine) can
be found either at
http://penguinppc.org/~olaf/
or at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/update/BETA/kernel

Its name is zImage-2.2.16-4.prep, a System.map is only available at
penguinppc.org.

It panics right now when I start X (the E15 fb patch from David Monroe
is included). I will look at this the next days.
It has now the proper scsi driver. The 6.4-ppc CD boots fine, but there
kernel fails to boot later in the network stuff.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS