List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-sles-e] LUNs management
From:       "Alexei_Roudnev" <Alexei_Roudnev () exigengroup ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 17:16:06

It depends from the driver used for these LUN's.

For example, iSCSI procedures are very different from Emulex HBA procedures.

But you should really use LVM2 to grow (SLES10 supports ext3 online resizing
and reiserfs online resizing).

Normal procedure is:
- add new LUN
- make sure that yor driver recognized it. For iSCSI, it is:
  rciscsi reload

and
  echo 1 > >rescan object of the new iscsi disk)
- if you use multipath - make sure that multi[ath got new disk.
- add new disk into lvm and resize your volume(s) if necessary.