List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    [suse-oracle] WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
From:       "Gilberto C. Andrade" <gilbertoca () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-26 20:49:29

Hi

oracle@oracleibm:~> uname -a
Linux oracleibm 2.6.5-7.244-pseries64 #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 18:32:25 UTC 2005
ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

oracle@oracleibm:~> cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (ppc)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 3

I see this message constantly on my alert<instance_name>.log.

oracle@oracleibm:~> tail -n 20 /opt/oracle/admin/alfa/bdump/alert_alfa.log
Thu Apr 26 11:00:15 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
Thu Apr 26 12:00:17 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
Thu Apr 26 13:00:19 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
Thu Apr 26 14:00:20 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
Thu Apr 26 16:00:23 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
Thu Apr 26 17:00:25 2007
WARNING : /proc/ppc64/lparcfg not readable
Please make it readable by all to get SMT statistics
oracle@oracleibm:~>

Can anyone help to understand and correct this issue? Can it lead to a poor
performance?

Thanks,

Gilberto