List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    RE: [suse-oracle] Oracle on multiple CPU's
From:       <michael.d.taylor () exgate ! tek ! com>
Date:       2006-08-28 19:12:10

Make sure you have the latest firmware updates for the server, and YaST
online updates of SLES9.  You should also be running Service Pack 3 of
SLES9.  Do a uname-a to verify you have the bigsmp kernel.  Are you
using RAC/ASM or ext3 or resierFS for filesystems?  Does you server have
4 physical CPUs, or are they 2 hyperthreaded ones?  As the system user,
run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/addmrpt.sql and awrrpt.sql to ensure the
database is not starved for resources not allocated.

-Michael