List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-oracle] Set gcs_server_processes to what ... ?
From:       Martin Klier <martin.klier () atu ! de>
Date:       2006-08-11 9:44:39

Hi list,

Am Freitag 11 August 2006 09:57 schrieb Martin Klier:
> is there any suggestion for setting init parameter gcs_server_processes in
> a four-node-RAC?
> I got "Inter-Instance messaging consumes significant db time" in ADDM, and
> a hint to increase this parameter. But no value...

I have guessed 4 on each instance, so that every node can talk to all others
at once. I applied the parameter (instance restart needed). Now I don't have
any measureable performance benefit, but I hadn't have any masureable
performance impact before, too.

At least, ADDM does not complain any more. :)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Martin Klier
Systemadministration / Datenbanken