List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-oracle] re: Suse 9 + 10gR2 RAC and o2cb,ocfs2 and
From:       "Kevin Lyons" <klyons () novell ! com>
Date:       2006-07-10 20:02:17

>>> Peter Santos <psantos@cheetahmail.com> 07/10/06 12:46 PM >>>
>Folks,
>
>   I've been installing Suse 9 x86_64 (2.6.5-7.257-smp) and everything
is up and running.
>   However I'm not too familiar with the linux run levels and from
running chkconfig it doesn't seem
>   that certain key oracle/RAC specific processes are configured to
auto boot when the system crashes.

>   I am under the impression that if my server crashes, the following
services o2cb,ocfs2 and oracleasm should
>   automatically come up, but from the chkconfig output it doesn't
appear that way.

>   o2cb                      0:off  1:off  2:off  3:off  4:off  5:off
6:off
>   ocfs2                     0:off  1:off  2:off  3:off  4:off  5:off
6:off
>   oracleasm                 0:off  1:off  2:on   3:on   4:off  5:on
6:off

>   I can do a "chkconfig --add <service>" , but I'm not sure if that is
the proper thing to do?
>   Is anyone familiar what the runlevel settings for these 3 services
should be and how to configure them?

The easiest way is to do

/etc/init.d/o2cb configure
/etc/init.d/oracleasm configure

Answer 'y' when it asks if you want to set things to start at boot.

You also might want to review the documentation for each.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/documentation/
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/oracleasm/documentation/

Thanks,
Kevin