List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-oracle] oracle9i processes + force shutdown
From:       Harald Maier <harald () maierh ! de>
Date:       2004-04-17 3:35:09

"Reinhard Weh" <reinhard.weh@baeurer.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> 1.) I have ora92 running an have the followin questions

> ora_s000_B1
> ora_d000_B1
> ora_d001_B1
> ora_d002_B1
> sometimes there are processes
>
> oracleB1 (LOCAL=NO)
>
> b1 is the name of my instance.
>
> But why are these processes running ?

It's a 'Dedicated Server'. It looks that you are running your database
primarily in a 'Shared Server' architecture because you have three
dispatchers running. The command 'lsnrctl status' should tell you
more about your services. For these concepts I would look into the
'Database Concepts Guide (a96524)'.

> 2.) When I shutdown the oracle with /etc/init.d/oracle the instance
> will wait
> In some cases I cannot lookup which user will be connected
> to inform them to close the session.  Is there any parameter to
> force shutdown ?

shutdown immediate

Harald