List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-oracle] Oracle 9iR2 Client on SuSE 8.1 / SQLPLUS not working
From:       "James Zhu" <james.zhu () db ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 23:31:25

Is Orale 9iR2 certified on SuSE 8.1(I don't see it on the Oracle certification \
matrix)?  If not, when it is going to happend, Q1, Q2?

                                                                                      \

                      Marco.Schwarz@Fre                                               \

                      udenberg.de              To:       suse-oracle@suse.com         \

                                               cc:                                    \

                      01/30/2003 08:09         Subject:  [suse-oracle] Oracle 9iR2 \
                Client on SuSE 8.1 / SQLPLUS not working
                      AM                                                              \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Hi all,

I just installed a Oracle 9iR2 client on a SuSE 8.1 Prof system. All went
fine, I as able to configure service names, and Enterprise Manager also
seems OK.

But when I try to run sqlplus or the worksheet, I get the following error:

Error 46 initializing SQL*Plus
Internal Error

I removed everything and installed again, same results. Java apps seem to be
working (Enterprise Manager). I need the precompiler for some C/C++ apps
(didnt test it yet), but with sqlplus working there seems to be a serious
problem somewhere ...

Hints and help are greatly appreciated ;-)
Marco

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not \
the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the \
sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or \