List:       suse-oracle
Subject:    Re: [suse-oracle] exp80
From:       Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid.gaffoor () placemark ! com>
Date:       2002-11-28 4:06:22

Yeah, I tried to use a view too.. didn't work either...

I haven't tried this, but if you're willing to.. try creating a 9i
database as small as possible, then create database links to your 8.0 db.

Then create synonyms in the 9i db for the 8.0 objects....

That way you can connect to the 9i db for exports....

Don't know if it will work, just a theory.....

If it does please let us know...

thanks,

Ahbaid.

--
Ahbaid Gaffoor
Database Administrator - Oracle Certified Professional