List:       suse-multimedia-e
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-multimedia] Broken dvdwizared on Packman
From:       "Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas" <pedro.lopez.cabanillas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-05 15:38:24

On Tuesday 05 October 2010, Felix Miata wrote:
> Thanks for that too. I'm trying to convert .ts files from my set top box to
> player compatible DVDs. So far no success trying any of the substantial
> number of available tools and combinations of tools. The main obstacle with
> some so far has been creating chapters. Have you done any of this? If so,
> using which tool(s)?

In a similar (but not exactly the same) scenario, my input files are produced
from a Digital TV USB receiver (DVB) and recorded by Kaffeine, which produces
files in MPEG TS (transport stream) format, usually with junk/commercials
before and/or after the show. The first step is to remove all the junk using
dvbcut ( available from Packman, or http://dvbcut.sourceforge.net ) with a
series of start and stop markers (it has also chapters and bookmarks, that I
don't use); dvbcut exports the results in MPEG PS (program stream) files that
can be used as inputs by DVDStyler and other dvdauthor front-ends. I prefer to
export each chapter as a different MPG file in dvbcut, and then import each
chapter in DVDStyler, which arranges and organizes the DVD menus and buttons.

Regards,
Pedro