List:       suse-multimedia-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-multimedia-e] Audio CD Problems
From:       Eduard Avetisyan <dich_ed () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-20 11:47:13

Hi Gary,

You may try the kscd (KDE) player, it'll let you see the number
of tracks, so you can at least have an impression, if the
problem is in reading of audio tracks or reproducing it.

Another option is to try cdparanoia to get the audio data from
the CD.

And maybe you can also try to link your /dev/hdc to /dev/cdrom -
this is what most of the cd-player software expects to be the
source of audio. Also put a line in fstab to map it somewhere -
I think XMMS needs that. I have a similar setup and everything
works nicely ...

Good luck!
                 Eduard