List:       suse-multimedia-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-multimedia-e] Problems with drives under suse 8.1
From:       caleb storms <caleb () calebstorms ! com>
Date:       2002-12-18 19:40:51

Hey,

I had the same problem it was a linking problem.

I do a ls -l /dev/cd*

and see if they are linked to the correct device mine were backwords and
there was an extra cdrom device linked to hdc still and since they were
all changed to ide-scsi that messed up the whole works.

so I took that out of my fstab and then rewrote the links to the correct
drive

ln -sf /dev/sr0 /dev/dvd
ln -sf /dev/sr1 /dev/cdrecorder

or whatever