List:       suse-multimedia-e
Subject:    [suse-multimedia-e] make modules for soundcard.
From:       Mike.P.Smith () kp ! org
Date:       2002-08-26 21:48:36

Hello, can anyone help to point me in the right direction to solve the
following problem.

I have a 7.3 installation, with a soundblaster live soundcard. It worked
fine in KDE with the stock 2.4.10 kernel. I downloaded and installed the
suse 2.4.16 kernel source rpm and updated to the 2.4.16 kernel, via make
oldconfig, make dep, make bzImage, make modules, and make modules_install.
When I boot to the new kernel my soundcard does not work. I can see that
the directory for the soundcard modules is missing
"/lib/modules/kernel_version/misc". What did I do wrong during make
modules/make modules_install? Why did the /misc modules directory not get
created?

Thanks for any help,

Mike