List:       suse-multimedia-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-multimedia-e] Zip drive and HFS
From:       cips <b9b9b9 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-11 17:32:47

Thamks OLI and Ron!

Ron,
You said

>Specify that a non-root user can mount the drive in
/etc/fstab, like so:
>/dev/hdd4       /zip    auto    noauto,user 0 0

but its already like this;

what I could do was to change 'auto' in 'hfs'; so I
got two entries
/dev/sda4 /zip auto noauto,user 0 0
and
/dev/sda4 /zip hfs noauto,user 0 0

but this works only if I am a root user.

OLI
I tried while adding
/dev/sda5 /zip hfs noauto,user 0 0

but of course it says that sda5 is a non valid device
(and present in /dev as sda4 - I know that I have to
use mknod in some way, but up to now, no success...
sic!)

Anyway, thx a lot!