List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [opensuse-edu] brlcad
From:       Dave Howorth <dhoworth () mrc-lmb ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2010-09-17 13:15:11

I just used YaST to install brlcad onto opensuse 11.2 from the Education
repository. It's throwing up errors when I try to run it and I'm
wondering if I've missed an install step or something.

It's installed itself into /opt/brlcad which seems reasonable and is
different to the brlcad default so is I guess an opensuse customisation.
I added /opt/brlcad/bin to my path but when I try to run mged it says:

> mged
Using Tcl library at /usr/lib64/tcl/tcl8.5
Itcl_Init ERROR:
Can't find a usable itcl.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/lib64/tcl/itcl3.4 /opt/brlcad/bin/../lib/itcl3.4
/opt/brlcad/bin/../library /opt/brlcad/bin/../../library
/opt/brlcad/bin/../../itcl/library /opt/brlcad/bin/../../../itcl/library
This probably means that Itcl/Tcl weren't installed properly.
If you know where the Itcl library directory was installed,
you can set the environment variable ITCL_LIBRARY to point
to the library directory.

Can't find a usable itk.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/lib64/tcl/itk3.4 /opt/brlcad/bin/../lib/itk3.4
/opt/brlcad/bin/../library /opt/brlcad/bin/../../library
/opt/brlcad/bin/../../itk/library
This probably means that Itcl/Itk weren't installed properly.
If you know where the Itk library directory was installed,
you can set the environment variable ITK_LIBRARY to point
to the library directory.

MGED Aborted.

find says that itcl.tcl is in /opt/brlcad/lib64/itcl3.4/itcl.tcl

Obviously, I could keep changing more environment variables until it
runs but I wonder if this is supposed to be automated or if there is a
list of what needs changing?

I haven't found any suse README or INSTALL notes.

Thanks, Dave